
Jaipur: Parents of students selected under the RTE programme last year have said that admissions in private schools are pending and have urged the govt to clear the backlog. The demand came as the state education department issued fresh RTE admission guidelines for the 2026–27 academic session, with applications set to open on Feb 20.Sanyukt Abhibhavak Sangh, a representative body of aggrieved parents in the city, said in a statement issued Monday that the RTE admission process was not completed last year, with thousands of children not being given admission despite securing a seat through the process.The parents’ body demanded that all pending RTE admissions for the 2025–26 session be completed immediately, strict punitive action be taken against private schools that refused admissions, the new RTE process be postponed until old cases are resolved, and responsibility for children’s educational losses be fixed.“Admissions of at least 40,000 students are still pending in the state from last year’s admission process. Parents tried reaching out to the block and district-level officials of the education department, but no concrete action was taken. In such a situation, announcing a new process ridicules those students who were out of school for almost a year,” said Abhishek Jain Bittu, spokesperson of the Sanyukt Abhibhavak Sangh.Parents alleged that this was not only an administrative failure but also a direct injustice to the future of poor and middle-class children. “The whole academic session passed, and my children are still sitting at home. Who is accountable for this delay and the loss of the academic year?” said a parent requesting anonymity.Parents said that if the state govt does not stop the new admission process, they will take to the streets this month to protest.